Incorporated in 1986, Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust provides an array of services in the Bridgeport community. At BNT, it’s no coincidence that trust is our last name. In fact, it’s the principle behind every project that we do.
We’re committed to Bridgeport and serious about neighborhood based solutions that improve the quality of life for all residents.
BNT’s mission is to LEAD, EMPOWER AND CHANGE Fairfield County’s and Connecticut’s neighborhoods, improving quality of life through building and managing safe, affordable housing for the homeless and struggling singles and families including our veterans, seniors, transitioning foster youth, the previously incarcerated, and young mothers. We also provide comprehensive home ownership and financial counseling services, and support economic empowerment through our social enterprise initiative. BNT – Building Neighborhoods; Changing Lives.
2018 In A Review
In 2018 BNT…
- Served 3,003 clients, offered 152 classes in pre-purchase education, foreclosure prevention, credit coaching, landlord-tenant education and financial literacy.
- Helped 841 households achieve home ownership and close on $86,228,001 in mortgages.
- Worked with 180 families to avoid foreclosure and saved $15,300,000 in mortgages.
- Developed a real estate pipeline of almost 99 housing units
- Managed $42,913,000 portfolio of 208 housing units and 21,000 sq. ft . of commercial
space paying $358,000 in local real estate taxes. These spaces are home to more than 400 individuals and families.
We had a great year, yet there’s more to be done. Watch out 2019, here we come.