Incorporated in 1986, Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust provides an array of services in the Bridgeport community. At BNT, it’s no coincidence that trust is our last name. In fact, it’s the principle behind every project that we do.
We’re committed to Bridgeport and serious about neighborhood based solutions that improve the quality of life for all residents.
BNT’s mission is to LEAD, EMPOWER and CHANGE Bridgeport neighborhoods, improving quality of life through affordable housing opportunities. To meet this challenge, BNT develops and manages affordable housing, provides comprehensive homeownership education and wealth building services, and supports economic empowerment through its social enterprise initiative.
2018 In A Review
In 2018 BNT…
- Served 3,003 clients, offered 152 classes in pre-purchase education, foreclosure prevention, credit coaching, landlord-tenant education and financial literacy.
- Helped 841 households achieve home ownership and close on $86,228,001 in mortgages.
- Worked with 180 families to avoid foreclosure and saved $15,300,000 in mortgages.
- Developed a real estate pipeline of almost 99 housing units
- Managed $42,913,000 portfolio of 208 housing units and 21,000 sq. ft . of commercial
space paying $358,000 in local real estate taxes. These spaces are home to more than 400 individuals and families.
We had a great year, yet there’s more to be done. Watch out 2019, here we come.