BNT is constantly on the lookout for experienced and passionate individuals interested in a career improving the quality and availability of housing in Bridgeport. We are currently looking for the positions below.
If these don’t fit your exact qualifications, but you would like to submit your resume for consideration, please do so.
Resumes should be e-mailed to Leticia@bntweb.org
JOB REPORTS TO: Finance Director
DATE PREPARED: July 25, 2020
The Bookkeeper is a member of BNT administrative team, supporting achievement of the mission: to strengthen Bridgeport’s neighborhoods. BNT develops affordable housing, creates healthy homes, and provides comprehensive homeownership education and foreclosure prevention services. The Bookkeeper creates financial transactions and includes posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The Bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy.
• Record Cash Receipts and make deposits
• Monitor accounts receivable and create reports to inform
• Sort all vendor invoices by location and obtain department authorizations.
• Process all invoices for payment, run AP checks, obtain signatures, and electronically file check stubs with backup documentation
• Reconcile GL Accounts
• Reconcile bank statements
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain spreadsheets as needed
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
• Other duties as needed
The candidate should have an Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the Real Page accounting software package.