BNT is constantly on the lookout for experienced and passionate individuals interested in a career improving the quality and availability of housing in Bridgeport. We are currently looking for the positions below.
If these don’t fit your exact qualifications, but you would like to submit your resume for consideration, please do so.
Resumes should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB REPORTS TO: Finance Director
DATE PREPARED: August 14, 2020
The Staff Accountant is a member of BNT’s administration team, supporting the achievement of BNT’s mission: to work to end housing insecurity, income inequality and homelessness, by creating safe, affordable housing, and by providing comprehensive financial and housing counseling services.
BNT develops affordable housing, creates healthy homes, and provides comprehensive homeownership education, wealth building and housing loss prevention counseling services cross the state of Connecticut. We are among the most active nonprofit agency in Connecticut doing what we do. The Staff Accountant creates and records financial transactions by posting information to accounting journals and accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices. The Staff Accountant is responsible for reconciling accounts to ensure their accuracy.
• Record cash receipts and make deposits
• Monitor accounts receivable and create reports for management
• Sort all vendor invoices by location and type and to obtain proper authorizations
• Process all invoices for payment, run AP checks, obtain signatures, and electronically file check stubs with backup documentation
• Reconcile general ledger accounts
• Reconcile bank statements and transaction activity
• Create and enter monthly journal entries
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing process and system
• Maintain spreadsheets as needed
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as needed
• Other duties as needed by management from time to time
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration with an accounting concentration or equivalent accounting experience, as well as a firsthand knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of the RealPage accounting software platform.