BNT is constantly on the lookout for experienced and passionate individuals interested in a career improving the quality and availability of housing in Bridgeport. We are currently looking for the positions below.
If these don’t fit your exact qualifications, but you would like to submit your resume for consideration, please do so. Resumes should be e-mailed to Sheniqua Little at firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant & Data Entry Specialist
Reports to: Operations & Fund Development Manager
Date Updated: 2-02-21
The Administrative Assistant & Data Entry Specialist is a member of the BNT team, supporting achievement of the mission: to end housing insecurity, income inequality and homelessness by creating safe, affordable housing, and providing comprehensive financial and housing counseling services. The Administrative Assistant & Data Entry Specialist will work with the Operations & Fund Development Manager and Deputy Director on a wide-ranging set of administrative support and data entry tasks. The work environment is fast-paced and demanding. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for accuracy. This individual must possess a positive attitude and good humor as well as the ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Performs reception services acting as first point of contact, answering incoming calls, transferring to appropriate staff, greeting visitors, handling requests for information and directing visitors to appropriate locations.
- Distributes incoming faxes to appropriate staff.
- Performs intake of new clients and schedules initial appointment and additional follow up for programs and services.
- Sorts mail and parcels, and distributes incoming mail for staff, delivers bills and invoices to Finance Department.
- Provides Administrative support to all programs as needed, including but not limited to photocopies, drafting letters, scanning documents, and processing mailings.
- Data entry support to all programs as needed, including but not limited to updating client and contact databases, completing electronic reports.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide exceptional customer service to external partners, callers, and visitors.
- Order office and kitchen supplies; Liaise with vendors for various office services including cleaning services, lunch services, office supplies, courier, etc.
- Ensure office operations run smoothly including adequate supplies, communications, tech support, maintains office equipment such as photocopier, fax, printers, and postage
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to BNT’s mission, respect for the work of our nonprofit partners, commitment to providing exemplary service to our clients.
- Proven ability to work as a self-starter and team member.
- High School completion and a minimum of two years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic understanding of databases
- Fast typing skills
- Create spreadsheets accurately
- Exceptional knowledge of office administration ‘best’ practices
- Exceptional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Windows 10 and Office 365.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to operate a computer, related software and a telephone (70% of the time), as well as efax, photocopier, printer, calculator, postage machine, and scanner.
- Problem solving skills to use well-established procedures to provide reception and administrative support services
- Versatile skills required to adapt to a variety of tasks and situations in order to perform the duties of the job
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week to be performed on site at BNT offices.
Salary commensurate with ability and experience. Compensation includes medical and other fringe benefits.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities and qualifications that comprise this position. This position is intended to be general and may evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sheniqua Little, Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust, 570 State Street, Bridgeport, CT 06604, or email Sheniqua@bntweb.org.