Reports to: Project Superintendent
Date Updated: January 1, 2018
The Maintenance Technician is a member of the Property Management team for Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust (BNT). This position will support’s BNT’s mission to strengthen Bridgeport’s neighborhoods. BNT develops and manages mixed-income housing and provides comprehensive homeownership education, foreclosure prevention services as well as rental counseling services. The Maintenance Technician will work with the Property Manager in all aspects property management which include but are not limited to completing all assigned maintenance and repair work orders and apartment turnovers in a professional and timely manner. Monitor overall condition of building interiors, exteriors, and grounds, reporting all maintenance and repair items to supervisor.
- Builds, repairs, and installs shelving, counters, benches, partitions, floors, doors, building frameworks, and trim.
- Installs glass windows, doors and partitions.
- Replaces damaged ceiling tile, floor tile and wall coverings.
- Installs items such as window shades, venetian blinds, curtain rods, wall fans and door locks.
- Repairs plumbing fixtures and pipes, such as toilets, sinks, drains, and valves.
- Changes or replaces electrical switches and outlets.
- Prepares vacant apartments including painting, plastering, sanding, etc.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic building maintenance including carpentry, painting, heavy-duty cleaning.
- Working knowledge of construction materials and methods for multi-family housing.
- Skilled at using a variety of hand tools and equipment such as drills, hammers, pliers, electrical testers, hand and power saws, cutters, etc.
- Ability to understand, read, and write simple instructions in English; bilingual not required but extremely beneficial.
- Ability to work as a team member and to help develop a stronger team through day to day actions.
- Ability to follow general direction and work without constant supervision.
- Ability to take the initiative to carry assignments beyond the original instruction in anticipation of future problems or complications.
- Ability to plan, lay-out and schedule work.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to work independently and to make judgments within the scope of the job.
- Ability to work well with staff and residents.
- High school diploma or equivalent beneficial but not required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and vehicle travel to sites (van or truck preferred).
- Must have some landscaping experience.
- Strong work ethic & availability for overtime during evenings & weekends.
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- Good safety and cleanliness habits.
40 hours per week, Monday – Friday with occasional flexibility when required.
Compensation includes medical and other fringe benefits.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities and qualifications that comprise this position. This position is intended to be general and may evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Send resume to Leticia Sepulveda at firstname.lastname@example.org