Operations Suds is a new laundromat in the Downtown West area that allows BNT and area residents to wash their everyday clothing right in their neighborhood.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Sunday, 10am to 9pm
570 State Street, Bridgeport CT 06604
1) Sort Your Laundry at Home
- If you sort your laundry at home, you’ll save time and have more work space than at the laundromat. You’ll arrive at the laundromat feeling more organized and can immediately grab machines and get the loads underway.
- Use pillowcases or different colored laundry bags for the sorted white and dark clothes for each load.
2) Check the Washer and Dryer Before Using
- Always keep an old rag or towel handy and give the washer or folding table a quick wipe down. Always check any automatic bleach dispensers to make sure they are empty and dry. If not, use a paper towel to soak up any leftover bleach.
- Look at the settings on the machine before you hit start. The last thing you need is a load of delicate lingerie traveling through hot water and the heavy duty cycle that the last person used.
- Empty the dryer’s lint trap. Be the person who (finally) cleans out the lint, and the machine won’t have to work as hard to dry your clothes. No more adding more time waiting for your ever-damp towels to fully dry.
3) Use the appropriate size machine for your load
- Washers and Dryers should only have a 3/4 full load in them for proper tumbling action.
4) Set your heat properly to avoid shrinkage during drying
- Most clothing should be dried on medium heat to avoid shrinkage.
5) Use the proper amount of soap
- Most people use more soap than they need. One-quarter cup of soap is enough for any size wash load.
- The detergent pod should be placed inside the washing machine.