JOB TILE: Resident Steward
JOB REPORTS TO: Director of Property Management & Asset Management
DATE UPDATED: May 23, 2018
The Resident Steward is a member of the Bridgeport Neighborhood Trust’s (BNT) team, supporting achievement of its mission to lead, empower and change Bridgeport neighborhoods, by improving the quality of life through providing affordable housing opportunities. BNT develops affordable housing, creates healthy homes, and provides comprehensive homeownership education and foreclosure prevention services. The Resident Steward will work with the Director of Property Management & Asset Management in all aspects of property monitoring, tenant relations, compliance, administrative and maintenance support for the property.
- Greet residents and visitors with professionalism, enthusiasm and energy.
- Collect, scan, and file a copy of visitors’ identification upon entry.
- Receives customer complaints, seeks to respond or refers to appropriate resources.
- Answer basic questions regarding building and apartments.
- Monitor cameras of the property from the desk including common areas, community and laundry room, and parking lot and exterior of building.
- Maintain lobby in a clean and professional manner at all times, documenting tasks daily.
- Report accidents, injuries, lease violations and unsafe conditions to Resident Steward Manager.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Ensure cleanliness of all common areas and resident entry ways (i.e. vacuuming hallways, dusting, sweeping, snow removal at resident entrance, etc.)
- Commitment to BNT’s mission, respect for the work of our nonprofit partners, commitment to providing exemplary service to our
- Proven ability to work as a self-starter and team member.
- Demonstrated strong judgment and integrity.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (365, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to lift and operate a 15 pound vacuum
- Ability to follow directions and work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise discretion concerning resident issues.
Up to 12 hours per week
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities and qualifications that comprise this position. This position is intended to be general and may evolve over time. The description is subject to periodic updating. At management’s discretion, the employee may be assigned different or additional duties from time to time.